HTC Company has developed so many great smartphones in recent years. Some of the best ones are HTC One M9, M8 and M7. With these great phones, you must want to share their remarkable displays or unique functions with your friends. The best way to realize this need is by taking screenshots. This article will give you several solutions to how to screenshot on HTC One M9/M8/M7.
- Method One: No Root Way
- Method Two: Default Way
- Method Three: HTC One Alternative Way
- Method Four: Root Way
This is a powerful screenshot tool perfectly designed for Android devices. By using this app, you can easily take screenshot of any games or applications on your HTC device. Plus, it has a built-in browser for you to capture a visible portion of a page, or the whole page with contents beyond the screen. Other functions that you can get from this tool include a built-in image editor and a draw function which is useful in creating finger art. Despite saving the screenshot into your mobile, you can also upload it to the cloud space provided by the developer.
To take screenshot on HTC M9/M8/m7 with this tool, just follow the steps below.
- Download and install this app on your HTC.
- Here we will demonstrate using this app to make webpage screenshots. Open the app and go to a webpage with its browser.
- When the page is loaded, click the camera icon at the right bottom. And 3 more icons will be shown, which are respectively for taking screenshot of a region, a full webpage and the current visible contents.
- To capture a full webpage, just tap on the middle green button.
- A preview of the screenshot will appear. You can now choose to edit it, save it to Gallery, upload to free cloud space or share it to other apps on your phone.
Tips: To take screenshot in other apps with this tool, you need to firstly press the “Start” button on its starter interface. After that, resume to the app you want to screenshot. Press the “Power” + “Volume down/Home” buttons simultaneously. Then the screenshot will be taken successfully. You may also choose to load it to the image editor before saving it.
Each Android phone has a default way to take screenshot. On HTC One M9, M8 and M7, you need to press and hold the “Power” and “Volume down” buttons simultaneously until you hear a camera shutter and see a flash animation on the screen. After that, you can view the screenshot by going to a folder called “Screenshots” in the Gallery app.
It’s worth mentioning that HTC One M8 also has another screenshot combo. Aside from “Power” + “Volume down”, the combination of “Power” + “Home” also allows you to capture a screenshot on HTC One M8.
This method is adopted by many smartphones, such as Zenfone 2 and LG G4. HTC also adds this feature in the HTC one M9/M8/M7. To use this method, first of all, you need to enable the screenshot function in the quick settings menu. Check out the detailed steps below.
- Pull down the notification bar twice to bring up your quick settings.
- Tap on the edit icon to edit the quick settings options. It’s located on the top-right of the screen.
- Then, a list will appear. Scroll down the list to find the “Screenshot” option. If the option is in grey, you can long press one item on the top panel and drag it to the hidden items menu.
- After that, long press the three bars icon on right of the “Screenshot” item, and drag this item to the top panel of icons. Lastly, tap “Done” to confirm this change.
After the settings above, you will see the “Screenshot” icon in the quick settings. Now you could press this icon each time you want to make a screenshot. Note that all screenshots saved this way will be in the “Screenshots” folder under the Gallery app. This method makes it much easier to take screenshot on HTC One M9/M8/M7.
Actually, screenshot apps are of great help if you have an HTC One M7, because it’s tricky to hold the “Power” + “Volume down” keys simultaneously which are almost on the same horizon with the border. Despite it, you will find these apps also valuable on M8 and M9, because you could access to extreme editing and sharing functions.
This app has multiple ways to trigger the screenshot. You can shake your phone, make use of the camera hardware button, press the “Power” + “Volume down/Home” keys, use its overlay icon or notification icon, etc. In addition to taking screenshots, this tool also allows you to view and share them directly without going to other apps. However, to enjoy all its functions, you must root your phone.
Fast Capture Screenshot
To screenshot HTC One M9/M8/M7 with this app, you can use the physical key combinations mentioned above (depending on your phone), tap its icon in the status bar, pressing its overlay icon or just shake the phone. When a screenshot is captured, you can annotate, crop and rotate it in this app’s image editor. What’s more, this app allows you to save images in PNG or JPG format.
This post provides an overall guide on how to screenshot HTC One M7/M8/M9. If you just want to take a screenshot of the whole screen, then you will be satisfied with the default way of pressing “Power” + “Volume down/Home” buttons. But if you need more functions like image editing and sharing, then you’d better use Apowersoft Screenshot.